AWS 2016 Hot Startups Review
It is the end of 2016! Tina Barr has a great roundup of all the startups we featured this year. Check it out and see if you managed to read about them all, then come back in January for when we start up all over again.
Also- I wanted to thank Elsa Mayer for her hard work in helping out with the startup posts.
What a year it has been for startups! We began the Hot Startups series in March as a way to feature exciting AWS-powered startups and the motivation behind the products and services they offer. Since then we’ve featured 27 startups across a wide range of industries including healthcare, commerce, social, finance, and many more. Each startup offers a unique product to its users – whether it’s an entertaining app or website, an educational platform, or a product to help businesses grow, startups have the ability to reach customers far and wide.
The startups we showcased this year are headquartered all over the world. Check them out on the map below!
In case you missed any of the posts, here is a list of all the hot startups we featured in 2016:
- Intercom – One place for every team in an Internet business to see and talk
to customers, personally, at scale.
- Tile – A popular key locator product that works with an app to help people find their stuff.
- Bugsnag – A tool to capture and analyze runtime errors in production web and mobile applications.
- DroneDeploy – Making the sky productive and accessible for everyone.
- Robinhood – Free stock trading to democratize access to financial markets.
- Dubsmash – Bringing joy to communication through video
- Sharethrough – An all-in-one native advertising platform.
- Shaadi.com – Helping South Asians to find a companion for life.
- Capillary– Boosting customer engagement for e-commerce.
- Monzo – A mobile-first bank.
- Depop– A social mobile marketplace for artists and friends to buy and sell products.
- Nextdoor – Building stronger and safer neighborhoods through technology.
- Branch – Provides free deep linking technology for mobile app developers to gain and retain users.
- Craftsvilla– Offering a platform to purchase ethnic goods.
- SendBird – Helping developers build 1-on-1 messaging and group chat quickly.
- Teletext.io – A solution for content management, without the system.
- Wavefront– A cloud-based analytics platform.
- Funding Circle – The leading online marketplace for business loans.
- Karhoo– A ride comparison app.
- nearbuy – Connecting customers and local merchants across India.
- Optimizely – Providing web and mobile A/B testing for the world’s leading brands.
- Touch Surgery – Building technologies for the global surgical community.
- WittyFeed – Creating viral content.
- AwareLabs – Helping small businesses build smart websites.
- Doctor On Demand– Delivering fast, easy, and cost-effective access to top healthcare providers.
- Starling Bank – Mobile banking for the next generation.
- VigLink – Powering content-driven commerce.
Thank you for keeping up with us as we shared these startups’ amazing stories throughout the year. Be sure to check back here in January for our first hot startups of 2017!
Original article here.